Slag pot is a load-bearing device whose sole purpose is to collect molten or solid slag generated during metallurgical or chemical processes, to retain it during transport and to deposit it at a place of disposal.
Slag pots usually are made from Cast Steel, ductile iron, or other material specification as required.
Normalized, and Tempered, Quenched and Tempered
Rough machined, Semi-finished machined, Finished machined
Magnetic Particle Testing, Ultrasonic Testing, Penetrant Testing
Slag pots are crucial items as they are part of lifting equipment and therefore undergo in terms of mechanical design engineering and handling the national safety regulations of the state where they are supposed to be operated. Thus, the following design criteria must be taken into consideration:
1. Type of furnace that the slag pot will service,
2. Quantity and type of slag generated,
3. Method of handling and dumping the pot,
4. Heat impact during operation,
5. Dimensional restrictions,
6. Pot maintenance procedures