(1) Extensive decarburization with low chromium losses;
(2) High rate of chromium recovery, reheating of liquid steel;
(3) hydrogen and nitrogen removal, desulfurization, inclusion flotation removal;
(4) High quality & grade S.S steel making & other special steel production;
(5) Vacuum pump available for steam eject & dry mechanical pump;
(6) Improve whole plant products level & high margin compared with investment;
(7) Safe operation & advanced design, mature technology;
The vacuum oxygen decarburization furnace (“VOD”) is mainly used for the production of stainless steel. The plant is basically designed as a tank degassing plant which is additionally equipped with an oxygen blowing lance and other related equipment. Due to the reduced CO partial pressure under vacuum conditions, decarburisation of high-alloyed steel grades to very low carbon contents is possible.
Steam jet pumps are designed in 4 or 5 - ejector stages. The motive steam is condensed by contact cooling water condensers. The steam jet pumps are designed as full steam pumps or as Hybrid pumps in combination with liquid ring pumps.
Steam jet pump features:
• Reliably high suction capacity at deep vacuum condition as well as in the mid-range for heavy process gas loads
• Robust long-life design matching steel plant demands
• Simple maintenance required
• Low wear and tear
• Vacuum control by needle valves
Thorough carbon removal is achievable with a Vacuum Oxygen Decarburization (VOD) furnace. The VOD is basically a tank degasser equipped with an oxygen lance compared with VD, but specifically configured to withstand the heat load from an intense CO emission. VOD is normally used for deep decarburization of highalloy steel grades, usually to remove carbon without affecting chromium content in the production of stainless steel grades.
|Rated（t）||Inner Ladle (mm)||Vacuum pump exhaust (Kg/h)||Working vacuum (Pa)||Vacuum tank (mm)|