Views: 4 Author: Site Editor Publish Time: 2022-03-14 Origin: Site
Electric arc furnace is an electric furnace for smelting metal and ore at high temperature generated by electrode arc. When gas discharge forms arc, the energy is very concentrated, and the temperature of arc area is above 3000 ℃. For smelting metal, the electric arc furnace has greater process flexibility than other steelmaking furnaces, can effectively remove impurities such as sulfur and phosphorus, the furnace temperature is easy to control, and the equipment covers a small area, which is suitable for smelting high-quality alloy steel.
According to the heating mode, electric arc furnace can be divided into three types: indirect heating, direct heating and submerged arc.
1. Indirect heating electric arc furnace is an electric arc generated between two electrodes, which does not contact materials and heats materials by thermal radiation. This kind of furnace has high noise, low efficiency and is gradually eliminated.
2. Direct heating electric arc furnace is an electric arc generated between the electrode and the material to directly heat the material. Three phase electric arc furnace for steelmaking is the most commonly used direct heating electric arc furnace.
3. Submerged arc circuit is also called reduction electric furnace or submerged arc furnace. One end of the electrode is embedded in the material layer, an arc is formed in the material layer, and the material is heated by the resistance of the material layer itself. It is commonly used in smelting ferroalloy, melting nickel and copper matte, and producing calcium carbide.
1. Power supply: electric furnace transformer (rectifier), high voltage power supply, low voltage electrical control cabinet, etc;
2. Electrode, lifting arm, etc;
3. Furnace body: furnace shell, furnace cover, furnace body tilting mechanism, etc;
4. Short network part: conductive copper bar, water-cooled cable, etc;
5. Cooling water system.